Hey everybody! Watch my interview with Radio of Horror host Dr. Chris as we talk about everything from Lifetime movies to Black Panter. The pendulum of topics swung wiiiiiiiiide.
Thank you, Radio of Horror and Dr. Chris for having me on the show! I look forward to speaking with you again in June!
It’s that time again, when the crème de la crème of Hollywood and the world gather together on a Sunday the end of February-to the first two weeks of March, get all dressed up in their best designer duds, have their speeches prepared and vie for the golden boy that they will take home and maybe place on the back of their toilet. As I said in my best of post, 2017 was one hell of a year for film and honestly, it’s about damn time. This year’s nominees in the “best” categories are actually pretty accurate and this was not an easy feat because there was definitely an overabundance of options that year’s past were not so fortunate to have. So without further ado, behold my list of the winners of the 90th annual Academy Awards.
- Will Win –Guillermo Del Toro – Shape of Water
- Should Win – Guillermo Del Toro – Shape of Water
- Jaw dropper – Jordan Peele – Get Out I would be ECSTATIC if this happened and if not, Guillermo deserves it.
- Will Win – The Shape of Water/Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Should Win – The Shape of Water/Get out
- Jaw dropper – Get Out only because it seems a number of Academy members haven’t seen it
- Will Win – Frances McDormand ‘Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Should Win – Sally Hawkins/Frances McDormand they both had the strongest performances
- Jaw Dropper – Meryl Streep ‘The Post’ because it has been quiet regarding her nom
- Will Win- Gary Oldman ‘Darkest Hour’
- Should Win – Gary Oldman ‘Darkest Hour’ Daniel Kaluuya ‘Get Out’
- Jaw Dropper- Daniel Kaluuya ‘Get Out’ only because of Academy members skipping the viewing
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Will Win- Sam Rockwell ‘Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Mo’
- Should Win- Willem Dafoe ‘The Florida Project’
- Jaw Dropper-Christopher Plummer ‘All the Money of the World’
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Will Win – Allison Janney ‘I,Tonya’
- Should Win – Allison Janney ‘I,Tonya’
- Jaw Dropper – Mary J Blige ‘Mudbound’
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
- Will Win – ‘Mudbound’ Virgil Williams and Dee Rees
- Should Win – ‘Mudbound’ or ‘Molly’s Game’ Aaron Sorkin
- Jaw Dropper – ‘The Disaster Artist’
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
- Will Win- ‘Three Billboards outside Ebbing, MO’ Martin McDonagh
- Should Win- Jordan Peele ‘Get Out’
- Jaw Dropper- none, this is the hardest category of them all
- Will Win- ‘Blade Runner 2049′ Roger Deakins
- Should Win – ‘Blade Runner 2049′ or ‘Mudbound’ Rachel Morrison
- Jaw Dropper – all nominees are exceptional so good luck
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
- Will Win – ‘Coco’
- Should Win – ‘Coco’ ‘Loving Vincent’
- Jaw Dropper – ‘Boss Baby’
- Will Win – “This is Me” ‘The Greatest Showman’
- Should Win – “This is Me” The Greatest Showman “Stand Up for Something” ‘Marshall’
- Jaw Dropper – None because all of these songs are phenomenal
BEST SOUND EDITING AND MIXING
- Will Win – ‘Dunkirk’
- Should Win – ‘Dunkirk’
- Jaw Dropper – anything other than ‘Dunkirk’
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
- Will Win – ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ ‘Blade Runner 2049’
- Should Win – ‘Blade Runner 2049’ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’
- Jaw Dropper- ‘Kong: Skull Island’
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
- Will Win – ‘Shape of Water’
- Should Win – ‘Blade Runner 2049’
- Jaw Dropper – ‘Beauty and the Beast’
Unfortunately I did not see a single short, foreign film or documentary but I do think ‘Faces Places’ will win for documentary and ‘A Fantastic Woman’ for foreign film.
Whomever the winners are, this is definitely a deserving lot of talented people that has made some incredible pieces of art for 2017. Good luck, nominees and may the odds be ever in your favor! We’ll see if my Oscar Nostradamus channeling comes thru this year.
Until next time, if you see me at the movies, I’ll be The Blonde in Front! 😉👱♀️🎬📽🎥🎞🤳
Here it is my latest review for World of Death, the horror short Cabrito by director Luciano de Azevedo. Be warned, this one is NOT for the squeamish. Enjoy!
If you see me at the movies, I’ll be the Blonde in Front! 😉👱♀️🎬📽🎥🎞🤳
Check out my latest reviews of two horror shorts thru World of Death. Always scaring, always sharing and always caring for your enjoyment. Let me know what you think!